A missing tooth or teeth can hurt your self-esteem and make simple things like laughing and smiling a chore. It can limit the types of foods you can eat, and it may even change the way you speak.
But these are not the only issues associated with tooth loss. Missing teeth can also lead to jawbone deterioration and cause neighboring healthy teeth to shift toward the gap in your smile. These issues can lead to an aged facial appearance and excessive wear on teeth that have to bear force they weren't designed to. Tooth wear may also lead to decay and even tooth fractures.
Your dentist near Johnston, IA wants to prevent these problems for you.
Why Dental Implants Are the Best Choice in Johnston
There are a variety of practical tooth replacement options that work well, but dental implants are the gold standard for several reasons:
- Dental implants replace your tooth and your root, which can prevent jawbone loss.
- The implant root in your jaw prevents neighboring teeth from shifting
- Replacement tooth roots through implant technology are strong enough to support a prosthetic like a denture.
- Dental implants are considered a long-term solution to tooth loss.
- Your new smile requires no added maintenance as dentures do—no relines, adhesives, or added steps to your brushing and flossing routine.
- With proper dental care and at-home brushing and flossing, your dental implants can last for decades or for life.
Because of the many benefits, dental implants are more of a sound investment in the future of your smile.
Who Can Get Dental Implants Near Johnston, IA?
Your dentist provides a dental exam to make sure your gums are in good shape for implant placement. In some cases, pretreatments may be in order, but most of our patients have been given the green light for this remarkable technology!
Reclaim Your Smile Today!
We want to help you achieve your best smile. Get in touch with a friendly team member to schedule your consultation for dental implants.